PetroKazakhstan’s objective is to become a recognized leader in the Kazakhstani oil and gas industry. PetroKazakhstan strives to be a model corporate citizen, provide value for our shareholders and the Republic of Kazakhstan, ensure employees’ health and safety, as well as environmental safety for the nature. We intend to fully unlock our growth potential using our shareholders’ advantages in technology, management, expertise and innovation by constantly increasing the performance of company management and its operations, promoting leadership qualities, developing employee qualifications.
PetroKazakhstan corporate strategy in the next few years is built on increasing and maintaining oil production levels, discovering new hydrocarbon reserves and replacing production with incremental reserves, increasing production of light oil products by improving the refining quality, increasing cash flow and net asset value, and also ensuring the high levels of production safety.
In its business management PetroKazakhstan strives to harmonize relations between all the stakeholders: the government, company shareholders, its employees, contractors, business partners and local communities.
Success of the Company is underpinned by the combination of international business standards, regulations and procedures valid in Kazakhstan, and local features, as well as the technology and innovations of its shareholder companies, CNPC and KMG.
PetroKazakhstan Stick to the following principles:
• Protect people’s health and safety and the natural environment as far as reasonably practicable;
• Make HSE a core value of the Company’s business;
• Integrate Health, Safety and Environmental Protection into all the Company’s business and operations;
• Commit to sustainable development of the Company, the communities where it operates and the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Company is committed to:
• Complying with applicable government and regional laws and regulations, Company policies, procedures and standards.
• Applying internationally accepted best practices in the petroleum industry.
• Preventing pollution effectively and controlling the environmental impacts of all Company activities.
• Identifying, eliminating or controlling potential risks to the health and safety of the Company employees, contractors and the public.
• Continually improving our HSE management system and HSE performance.
This Policy applies to all PetroKazakhstan work activities. Every company employee and staff of the contractor companies providing services to PertroKazakhstan has responsibility to work in accordance with these commitments.