Built in 1985, Shymkent Oil Refinery is the newest oil refinery in Kazakhstan, currently providing about 30% of all oil products in Kazakhstan from three refineries. Shymkent Oil Refinery is the only oil refinery in the south of Kazakhstan, the most densely populated part of the country. Due to its favorable geographical location and high technical capabilities, this enterprise is able to make domestic and foreign supplies. The designed annual capacity of Shymkent Oil Refinery is 5.25 million tons, or about 40.65 million barrels of oil.
The refinery processes crude oil provided by tollers.The crude oil refining fee is 16 301.71 tenge per ton without VAT, excise and other taxes. The refinery produces various grades of petrol (A-80, A-92 and A-96), diesel, aviation kerosene, liquid gas, vacuum gasoil, mazut (fuel oil) and sulphur. PetroKazakhstan oil products are of a high quality thanks to the professional and highly technical refining process, as well as highly skilled personnel.
As part of the integrated management system PetroKazakhstan Oil Products developed, introduced, maintains and regularly updates the following management systems:
• Environmental management system (EMS) in line with international standard ISO 14001:2004. It was introduced in 2008. The refinery holds an Environmental Management System Conformance Certificate covering the following activities: crude oil and petroleum products processing, transportation and storage No. 2008/32179.2 granted by the international company AFNOR Certification.
• The health and industrial safety management system (HISMS) in line with OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements. It was introduced in 2009. Certificate No. 2010/36323.2.
• The Energy management system in line with the requirements of ST RK ISO 50001:2012 national standard. It was introduced in 2014. The Certificate of Conformance with ST RK ISO 50001:2012 was received. Certificate #KZ.71009433.07.03.00398.
• The certification audit was performed successfully in "PKOP" in July 2015 to certify the quality management system (QMS) to ISO 9001:2008 international standard and requirements. Certificate #2015/68820.1
The surveillance audits of QMS, EMS and HISMS at "PKOP" LLP were held in Y2016 by international certification authority AFNOR Certification for compliance with requirements of international standards ISO 14001:2004, ISO 9001:2008, OHSAS 18001:2007, and a surveillance audit of energy management system for compliance with requirements of ST RK ISO 50001-2012 by “Capital Centre for Quality and Metrology” national company. The validity of "PKOP" LLP integrated management system certificates was confirmed with no comments.
In September 2015 international standardization organization (ISO) accepted the fifth version of ISO 9001 standard and the third version of ISO 14001 standard. The revised documents have a number of essential differences from the previous ones, and will require analysis of the extent in which the existing system meets the new requirements and what needs to be done to achieve such conformity, from organizations whose management systems have already been certified or where such certification is planned.
Meeting the requirements of new standards, "PKOP" LLP initiated the process of transition of the integrated management system in accordance with requirements of new versions of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
Within the process of transition, the ICS specialists held:
- training of specialists (quality managers, internal auditors, management);
- adaptation of control processes;
- integration of different management systems and update of documentation;
- monitoring of new processes.
The certification audits have been planned for September 2017.
Preparation for conduct of the certification audits has been completed. The audit plan has been agreed; conduct of audit has been planned for the period of September 18 – 22 of the current year.
By Law of RoK dated 9 April 2016 No.500-V “On the introduction of amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the matters of state regulation of some oil product types production and turnover” a number of amendments were introduced that shall become effective upon expiry of ten calendar days after its first official publication (published in Kazakhstanskaya Pravda newspaper No.75 dated 21 April 2016).
In accordance with Article 18 of Paragraph 5) of Law of RoK dated 09 April 2016 No.500-V an oil products producer shall ensure equal access to crude suppliers provided that the following requirements are met:
1) a crude supplier shall have available a document confirming the origin of purchased (accepted) crude oil and (or) gas condensate, and (or) refined products;
2) a crude supplier shall have available a document confirming the quality of supplied crude oil and (or) gas condensate, and (or) refined products (certificate of quality).
A request for the crude oil processing services and notarized copies of the updated list of documents (Law of RoK dated 9 April 2016 No.500-V) shall be sent by registered mail or by courier to the address: 244-А Furmanov Str., 050059 Almaty.